(+34) 94 413 9467 (direct) - (+34) 94 413 9003 (Ext. 3147)    dita@deusto.es

Ethiopia

Officially known as the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia  is a sovereign state located in the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Eritrea to the north and northeast, Djibouti and Somalia to the east, Sudan and South Sudan to the west, and Kenya to the south. With over 100 million inhabitants, Ethiopia is the most populous landlocked country in the world, as well as the second-most populous nation on the African continent after Nigeria. It occupies a total area of 1,100,000 square kilometres (420,000 sq mi), and its capital and largest city is Addis Ababa. 

Universities

Adama Science and Technology University logo

Adama Science and Technology University

  •  P.O.BOX: 1888 Adama - Kebele 14 - ,Adama
  •  + 251-221-110400
  •  www.astu.edu.et
  •  info@astu.edu.et

Adama Science and Technology University (ASTU) was first established in 1993 as Nazareth Technical College (NTC), offering degree and diploma level education in technology fields. Later, the institution was renamed as Nazareth College of Technical Teacher Education (NCTTE), a self-explanatory label that describes what the institution used to train back then: candidates who would become technical teachers for TVET colleges/Schools across the country.

In 2003, a new addition to NCTTE came about-introduction of business education. Nonetheless, the new entries were solely meant for similar purposes: these graduates were also expected to help overcome the existing dearth of educators in vocational institutions.

Although it is an institution with a history of only two decades, ASTU is known for its dynamic past. It has always been responsive to the realization of national policies: training of technologists at its infant stage, and later shifting to training of technical trainers, as well as business educators, to fill the gap in TVETs. Following its inauguration in May 2006 as Adama University, the full-fledged university started opening other academic programs in other areas-an extension to its original mission.

Arsi University logo

Arsi University

Arsi University is committed to produce competent & ethical graduates practical teaching, research, community engagement and innovation to the sustainable development of the country.

Arsi University is committed to providing the highest-quality education for all its students, enabling them to achieve success in their career paths and make a valuable contribution to society.

The university amplifies collaborative faculty-led research activities at Assela and Bekoji and expands its capacity to pursue major multi- and interdisciplinary research initiatives that garner national and international recognition

Community service forms the core of our work at Arsi University. Initially established to address the health and agricultural support needs of local people, we have maintained and strengthened our connection and commitment to serving our community.

Dilla University logo

Dilla University

The history of Dilla University can be traced back to the year 1996 with its name, Dilla College of teachers' education and Health sciences. The then Dilla College constituted two faculties: Faculty of teachers' Education and Faculty of Health Sciences. However, in 2001, the College was included in the then newly emerging University - Debub University. In 2004 Dilla College once again went through another phase and sprung in to a full- fledged University by the councils of ministers regulation No 129/04.

When Dilla college begun its activity as a college it had 12 departments with a total student population of less than 400, in a campus that was originally constructed for another purpose. Now the University is operating in 3 campuses with one college, one institute and 13 schools which offer 40 under graduate and 7 post graduate programs with a student population of around 17,000 in regular and continuing Education programs.

Institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development logo

Institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development

The Ethiopian Institute of Architecture, Building Construction and City Development was officially inaugurated on March 6, 2010. It is the latest chapter of a long and vivid history of the school. Before becoming EiABC, the school was part of the Faculty of Technology of Addis Ababa University. And before that, it was known as the Ethio-Swedish Institute, or in short: the Building College. This institution was founded in 1954 through a bilateral agreement between the Ethiopian and Swedish Governments. The initial educational scheme, launched in 1955, aimed to offer a three-year diploma program in Building Engineering. At the end of the 1957/58 academic year the training was upgraded to a four-year program leading to a B.Sc. Degree in Building Engineering. As a result of recommendations made at various times, especially those of the Presidential Commission in 1968, and the report of the Technical Survey Team of 1969, the Building College and the College of Engineering merged to form the Faculty of Technology in 1969 till 2009 under Addis Ababa University

Jimma University logo

Jimma University

Jimma University (JU) is a public higher educational institution established in December 1999 by the amalgamation of Jimma College of Agriculture (founded in 1952), and Jimma Institute of Health Sciences (established in 1983).The two campuses are located in Jimma city 352 km southwest of Addis Ababa with an area of 167 hectares.
JU is Ethiopia's first Innovative Community Oriented Education Institution of higher learning. The University adopted the city's name for logically sound reasons. For one thing, Jimma is one of the biggest cities in the country noted for its coffee production.

Mekelle University logo

Mekelle University

Mekelle University is found at the town of Mekelle in Tigray region of Northern Ethiopia , at a distance of 783 Kilometers from the Ethiopian capital.

The merger the two former colleges: Mekelle Business College and Mekelle University College established the University in May 2000 by the Government of Ethiopia (Council of Ministers, Regulations No. 61/1999 of Article 3) as an autonomous higher education institution. The two colleges have their own historical developments after beginning from scratch, and have also experienced exhausting ascends and descends, with voluminous relocations from place to place.

St. Mary's University logo

St. Mary's University

  •  Roosevelt St, Down the read of federal Police building, Addis Ababa 1211,Addis Ababa
  •  +251 115 53 80 17
  •  www.smuc.edu.et
  •  smu@smuc.edu.et
  •  Economics

St. Mary's University (SMU) is an outgrowth of St. Mary's Language School which was established in 1991 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.  The Language School was upgraded to a Language Center in 1995 with an exclusive focus on the improvement of the English language proficiency of students, establishing itself as a leading language center in the capital.  It was in this language center that the University was born.
St. Mary's University was established in 1998 under St. Mary's University General Educational Development PLC with its head office in Hawassa and a branch in Addis Ababa.